Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Lull Before the Storm

My family has never really been a very traditional one so we have never really celebrated the mid autumn festival before. So its been quite an awesome one really. Although the number of Chinese students here aren't that many but somehow it felt like a big event to me this year.

On the day, we ate mooncakes in the cafe and later adjourned, yes, to carrying lanterns and strolling around the whole college like it was ours! Everyone was taking pictures, and I've got to admit all the colorful lanterns were really beautiful. Besides that, about 50 to 60 of us also went to the nearby temple(佛堂) to celebrate on Saturday.The performances and "fashion shows" by the kids were great and us kmm students were oddly, very..how should we say it?eh, in the mood I suppose. So all in all, a meaningful Mooncake festival this year!


Talking about new experiences, I am proud to say that I have finally donated my blood for the first time! I was quit down that day but after donating my blood, my mood just... lifted^^ I suppose doing something for others once in a while really is good for you. Theory proven! So, more donating blood for me in the future..I hope XD

Truth be told, I'm swamped by all the studying and homework and revision that I have to do right now. ( That's why this post is sort of rushed.) All I see people doing now is study study study cause finals are just around the corner! And I quote our capable non-bumi advisor:" If you don't get 4.00 in the first sem, then you will never get 4.00." I know, I know. If you can't face it now, what are you going to do when you go to university? 

Putting my results aside, I think my new life is making me half crazy right now.( Or maybe I already was?) It's not just the pressure of THE 4.00 really, its.. everything. I wonder, is it possible to have a "quarter-life crisis" like what John Mayer sings in Why Georgia? (lovely song by the way) 

I know I'm getting closer and closer to the time when I simply have to decide what to study.  But luckily, I just thought up my main goal in life- to get a nice job and earn some money to be able to firstly, help save the world(don't laugh, com'on someone has to do it right?), second, travel the world and thirdly, make a movie(or movies?). Okay, I really am half crazy. Even so,  I am simply too tired to care now.

Wish me luck in PSPM(finals)! 

p.s. I dedicate the my next post to John Mayer's Why Georgia.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck in the finals.

    Crazy is not so bad ... it's similar to creative.

    I listened to Mayer's Why Georgia ... wished I had that quarter life crisis too! Probably makes it easier during mid-life crisis ... and there after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOLLER!!!!

    I didnt noe u r a fan of JOHN MAYER TOO?!

    i'm not, lol but i have a friend that is, gawd if it's that good i rily gotta go n listen to some already.

    oh good good everybody's been celebrating mid autumn festival.

    but sadly though, in different places.

    Wish we could have one more mid autumn crazy festival.

    ahhh well....

    reminiscence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dad and Hatori for the comments:)

    ReplyDelete

6 years later

So, it has been 6 years since my last post. What happened? Lots. Lots and lots more. I suppose the main thing that happened was that I st...