Thursday, May 19, 2011

To Be or not to Be

Well, the results are out. 4 flat(4 As). So what does this mean? Well to be honest, seems like it wasn't really a big thing for me after all. Since I don't feel any particular excitement or euphoria. Just relief. And right now, just feelings of being bored.

Just watched The Social Network with mum tonight. It's quite interesting and original too. The cast is great though the fast-talking is really hard to catch sometimes. I'm sure many people envy Mark for his success and his wealth(he is the youngest billionaire in the world after all) as we all do with celebrities, rich people, royals and movie stars at times. We don't just envy the wealth and fame of celebrities of course, but also their inexplicably(and allegedly) perfect lives and well, everything else. You know what I mean.

Even though I do believe in the concept of 惜福 or "being content with what you have", which is supposed to make you happy I guess, but thinking as such would definitely limit what you can do in life right? I mean if you are content with getting an "okay bread", how can you become a great baker? or if you are alright with not being able to travel overseas(even though it has been your dream for a very long time), will you push yourself to earn the money required for you to travel the world?

Okay, envy is classified as a sin but turning it into motivation could very well be a blessing for someone. So, I guess the smart thing to do would be to not envy and do nothing about it, but envy, observe and gain motivation to do better.

Try this anime: Yakitate Ja-pan! if you really want to see people getting motivated because of somebody else's success. It's a little bit crazy, but is really cool and funny in its own way.

Adios!

2 comments:

  1. envy is not at sin la.. jealousy is... ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. jillian!!! wow little jillian is so grown up now!
    i love this post. i think there is only one sin. that is Pride. its the monster of all vices that prevents us to live truly.

    keep blogging! and i am goin to add you to my faves. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

6 years later

So, it has been 6 years since my last post. What happened? Lots. Lots and lots more. I suppose the main thing that happened was that I st...